Where: JFK School Campus
When: May 13, 16-20:00
What: Community Event, Exhibition Viewing, Information Fair, Fundraiser Artwork / Food & Drinks for purchase and School Shop will be open
Who: All JFKS Students, Families and Friends, 3G Rule Applies
Spectrum of Discrimination is a School with Courage / Schule ohne Rassismus Project with sponsorship from the JFKS Verein.
This project shares some students’ experiences at JFKS in hopes of creating awareness and bringing about healing and equitable change to our school community. Through the artistic representation by Professional Photographer and JFKS Mom, Nura Qureshi, you are invited to interact with these stories and engage with the intersectionality of topics that arise.
The Exhibition Opening is a community event open to the JFKS Community at large, come and go from 4-8pm. What you can expect:
- Art Exhibition by professional photographer and JFKS mom, Nura Qureshi (Artwork will also be available for purchase)
- Information fair from Student & Equity Interest Groups of JFKS
- Food and drinks sold by various student groups
- The Verein is hosting 3 Raffles for great prizes (like Dinner for 4 at the Brew Dog, Lazer Tag, and a basket of USA candy)
- A scavenger hunt/ Schnitzeljagd for all Elementary/High School students to complete for entry into the student raffle prize.
- Student Art and Musical performances
- A short official opening to the Exhibition at 18:30 in the Aula.
- The JFKS School Shop will be open!
This is an event for families, students, parents, friends and alumni of JFKS.
We look forward to seeing you there and hope you will be a part of this fun and eye opening community and family event!