- The school stresses both oral and written skills in the classroom as well as the acquisition of disciplined and systematic study skills.
- The school expects students to master the subject matter at their respective grade levels.
- The school offers all students the opportunity to achieve the American high school diploma, the German Abitur, or both in preparation for university admission.
- The school encourages students to develop skills and values related to living in a technological society.
Mastery of English and German
- The school provides students with the opportunity to master the English and German languages.
- The school provides students with the opportunity to become bilingual in German and English.
- The school offers programs that will enable students and staff to develop creative ideas and the skills necessary to express them.
- The school encourages independent learning, scientific methodology, and constructive research.
- The school fosters the development of critical thinking to enhance the student’s ability to identify, understand, and solve problems.
- The school helps students learn strategies to solve problems and reach decisions based on principles of democratic thinking in a pluralistic society.
- The school endeavors to create an environment where its students who have special challenges are integrated into the John F. Kennedy School.
- The school helps students be aware of and identify with their own culture.
- The school expects students and staff to develop an understanding and appreciation of both the American and German cultures.
- The school offers a curriculum and program of extracurricular activities which encourage the integration of both cultures.
- The school encourages interaction with the community.
- The school strives to keep students and staff abreast of the world situation and the latest developments in knowledge and research.
- The school provides students with opportunities to develop tolerance for diversity and respect for all nationalities and cultures.
- The school promotes a respect for the personal rights and property of others and does not tolerate violence.
- The school teaches and expects non-violent conflict resolution.
- The school helps students develop an appreciation for and commitment to the preservation of the environment.
- The school’s community evaluates its achievement of these goals and welcomes the contribution of ideas and efforts for the school’s continual development.
This post is also available in: Deutsch