Sport Teacher for Grades 3-6.
Under the direction of site administration and leadership, plan, implement, monitor, and assess a classroom instructional program.
- Plan, implement, monitor, and assess a classroom instructional program based on assessment of student needs.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Identify student needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve academic, emotional, social and learning problems.
- Participate in curricular and extra-curricular school programs, assessment and development activities, student supervision and control, as well as staff, parent and department meetings.
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding goals and objectives of the instructional program, student progress observed, needs or problems and special accomplishments.
- Develop and communicate curricular and instructional plans and objectives to students and parents including course descriptions, performance expectations and other pertinent information to allow parental monitoring; review with the Principal as necessary.
- Provide instruction to students with special needs, collaborate with support staff and participate in IEP accommodation meetings as appropriate.
- Maintain academic records regarding students’ learning and progress. Prepare reports regarding students and classroom matters as directed.
- Develop lesson plans for substitutes as necessary.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Principles, theories, practices, methods and techniques used in curriculum development and classroom instruction.
- Classroom procedures which promote appropriate student conduct and motivation for student learning.
- Child guidance principles and practices.
- Principles of training and providing work direction.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Research methods and report writing techniques.
- First aid and CPR.
- Current trends and research concerning the growth and development of children.
- Adapt plans to meet different needs, learning.
- Create an instructional program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth. Establish effective rapport with students.
- Motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary education, in accordance with each student’s ability.
- Monitor children in classrooms.
- Display the use of good judgment in making decisions.
- Maintain professional relationships with students, parents, colleagues and supervising staff members. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain acceptable standards of physical health, energy and emotional adjustment to the job environment.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations.
- Prioritize regular time
- Collaboratively plan with your grade level team
Rate of Pay: Salary is commensurate with education and experience.