Thursday, 18.June, 2015, 19:00
JFKS Large Aula
Parents of 4th Graders – Mark your calendars for this very important event.
5th Graders at the John F. Kennedy School have a number of choices in music and elective courses. Parents and students are sometimes bewildered by all of the options when faced with them all at once during the first week of school.
The music department is offering an orientation to the numerous music offerings available to 5th graders for the 2015-16 school year. On the evening of Thursday, June 18, the music teachers will present the choices to current 4th graders and their parents.
Topics we will address at the orientation meeting include:
- An overview of music offerings for 5th graders – general, instrumental and choral music
- A chance to meet the teacher of each 5th grade music course or activity
- An introduction to 5th grade instrumental music program
- A chance to play some of the instruments 5th graders can learn to play in our schoolʼs beginning instrument program – clarinet, trumpet, trombone, violin, cello and more
- Opportunities to pre register for music courses or activities for the upcoming year