Application and necessary documents
The application consists of:
1. The completed Elementary School Application Form. The application must be signed by both parents or legal guardians.
2. Copies of the two most recent report cards with the exception of first grade applications.
3. Copies of passports of both parents and the child as well as the child’s birth certificate.
Please note that only completed applications with all necessary documents will be processed. Please ensure that you have submitted all documents with your application. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unfortunately unable to remind you if you do not provide all necessary documents.
If you submit your application digitally, please attach all documents as PDF files.
Please refer to JFKS Application Periods
The administration may require any applicant to take an English and / or German test if a space becomes available to determin the necessary language skills for the respective grade level. In some cases, the applicant may also be required to take an entrance exam to establish the child’s level of education.
The number of admissions possible is limited, as the school can only admit on a space available basis.
- Please be advised that admission is contingent upon the applicant being registered as living within Berlin’s city limits at the time of admission (see para. I, 1 of the “Admissions Regulations”). For applicants moving to Berlin, proof of residency in Berlin must be submitted before the beginning of the school year.
- For a pdf of the JFKS Admissions Regulations, please use the following link: JFKS Admissions Regulations